Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Colour Brown Coffee @ Sai Kung

Though typhoon 8 was coming, it couldn't refrain me from visiting Colour Brown Coffee in Sai Kung! Yeah, I know I'm a crazy gal ^.^

To quench my thirst for java, I usually go to The Corridor in Causeway Bay and Coco Espresso in Sheung Wan. It takes me about an hour to get to both coffee shops which are located on Hong Kong Island. For a cup of real good coffee, I don't mind traveling far and wide!

After yesterday's visit to Colour Brown, I've finally found a nice & cosy café close to my place, just 20min away! ^_^

Colour Brown is tucked behind the famous "Seafood Street" at the waterfront. From the bus terminal just a few min walk.

It takes no sweat to find the café, you spot it right away because of the antique Chinese wooden carved door. When I asked Edwin (the owner of the shop) whether he named his shop "Colour Brown" because of the color of coffee bean, he said just partly as the name also refers to his favorite color brown and to the brown wooden door :)

Nice & cosy decor

New York Cheese Cake

The Honey Ginger Latte is definitely a must try, I would prefer drinking it when the weather is colder though. Worth mentioning, they use fresh raw honey which is supplied by his aunt who's a beekeeper! ^^ Honey is very nutritious for the skin and helps sore throat. Ginger's got numerous health benefits as well, it warms your lungs and stomach and cures cold, cough...

The latte isn't spicy at all because of the presence of honey giving this very nourishing coffee a sweetish and pleasant taste~

Edwin is just like the other coffee shop owners I know, nice and talkative! Plus he's got 2 cute doggies Cheese and Go-On who welcome you at the door :) On my next visit, I wanna play and take pictures with them!

0 comments: