Thursday, February 26, 2009

Indulge yourselves with Zoë's delicate and delicious cakes! Zoë Cafe, Causeway Bay

I heard about Zoë on Susie Wong's tv show a while ago and finally got a chance to try their cakes with my cousin today. Zoë is renowned for its high quality cake and high price, about HK$30 per piece! For their cakes are very petit in size, not very sweet and light in texture, you can try various kinds. Me and my cousin ordered 6 different cakes to share.

Attractive, cute and mouth watering mini cakes...

...make it so hard to choose!


Banana Cream Pie: very smooth and creamy~

Double Decker: very soft, creamy and rich chocolate cake! Although it looks quite heavy but it isn't! On the contrary, the texture is very soft and light.


Zoë's signature cake "Zoë" is a hazelnut cream cake with a crunchy cake base. Absolutely irresistible! Creamy and crunchy at the same time! ^_^ My favorite!
*yum vote*


Blueberry Cheese: light and soft, rich in blueberries~

Blood Orange was very refreshing~

1459 is one of their signature cakes too which is in fact a mille-feuille with custard filling, the pastry is very crispy and puffy. It tasted amazingly good! My 2nd favorite! *yum vote*

My cousin had Green Tea Tropical, green tea with some fruity flavor and I had a Green Tea Float which is green tea mixed with fresh milk. Rich and flavorful~

The cafe is small without feeling too cramped and the interior is white and bright. Staff was friendly, polite and helpful.

For a craving of sweets,
Zoë is the place to be!

2 comments:

Peony Lai said...

Hahaha. I was craving for dessert couple hours ago and now text messaging Yan. She said you went to Zoe. To fulfil my sweet tooth I first went to Coffee Assembly for a mocha. Had a little chat with Felix (I was lucky as he was there and the cafe is supposed to be close today. Haha ) but since Felix needa leave early no food was served. Then I left for cake as I was craving for some sort of cake. I remember there's 2 cake shops that I wanna visit in Central but I couldn't figure out which was the other one (now I remember it's Zoe. Haha.). So I went Antique instead. The texture of the Strawberry Chocolate I tried is similar to what you described for the ones at Zoe. Let me try something from Zoe some time and compare. Haha.

Wendy said...

Is Antique worth trying? Haven't been to Coffee Assembly yet, maybe plan my next culinary trip in Central!