Monday, February 23, 2009

I love supermarkets... - Yata in Shatin

Friends know I love hanging out in supermarkets. Whenever I go on vacation, the first place I visit is a nearby local supermarket/grocery store, it's also the place where I spend most of my time while I'm on holiday! (Apart from coffee shops ^_^) I just enjoy roaming supermarket aisles to check out the latest novelties and packaging designs of grocery items such as confectionery, snacks and dairy products. Japanese are very innovative and creative in designing attractive eye-catching food packaging. Besides grocery stores, I can spend hours in depachika in Tokyo (basement food hall's of department stores) that are devoted to the latest food trends.

Today I went to Yata in Shatin with my mum to get some frozen pandan buns and flower rolls for tomorrow's breakfast. I was strolling around the dairy section and bought 2 cute pots of puddings from the brand Morinaga:


The white pot is milk pudding and the yellow pot is custard pudding.

Both are amazingly good! If you love milk, you've gotta try this milk pudding, the texture is silky smooth, delicate and the taste of milk is enormously strong. Yummy~~

The custard pudding is a bit sweeter but has the same silky smooth and delicate texture. Heavenly desserts!

0 comments: