Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nishiki Japanese Yakitori Restaurant @ Tsim Sha Tsui East

I was looking for a good Japanese restaurant to celebrate a friend's birthday and wanted to try something new other than sushi/sashimi. There was this review on the best authentic Japanese restaurants in last week's Eat & Travel Magazine so while browsing through it, the mouth watering yakitori pictures from Nishiki caught my eye! I decided to give it a try :)

Nishiki is nestled on the 1st floor of Regal Kowloon Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui East. The place is not very big but its interior gives you a nice homely feel.

I guess Nishiki is a popular dining place cos there was a photographer shooting photos for another local food magazine. (there's a review on this restaurant in this week's U-mag too!)

The owner Mr. Noboru posing for the camera.

My friend, who's a Japanese tutor and a real food lover, chose 11 kinds of dishes from the extensive menu. Minced chicken meat sausage with raw egg to start off! The sausage tasted really good! Juicy and tender! Must try!

Chicken kneecap cartilage (Nankotsu)

Beancurd salad

Chicken liver

Natto (fermented soy beans) stuffed with meat

I was told and warned that natto is a Japanese delicacy which has a very strong and powerful smell. As I'm open to any kind of food (except for cooked insects!) and since natto is not a common dish that you can find in every Japanese restaurant, we ordered a plate to try...

OMG!! My first bite was also my last bite cos natto STINKS!!! The taste was awful and couldn't stand the slimy texture! YUCK!! No more natto for me! :P

Deep fried chicken & cheese spring roll

Another must try: minced chicken meat wrapped with fried beancurd

Chicken skin garlic roll & beef tongue

Beef tongue was tasty, gonna order this again next time ^^

Chicken wing

Yummiest cold udon I've tried! Super fresh, silk smooth and chewy, totemo oishii! ^^

A pot for your skewers, cute :)

0 comments: